Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Post Dr. Visit....AMAZING!!!






So, the doctor's appointment was absolutely wonderful. When we walked in the door the waiting room was FULL....my doctor had gotten backed up and I knew we were going to have to wait a long time. Needless to say, my husband is very impatient and he was about to drive me crazy!! He was getting so antsy and could not sit still...he does not like to wait!

Well after about and hour & a half...we finally got called back. The doctor did an exam and just talked about the typical stuff you would expect on a first pregnancy. I pulled out my list of questions & I was super pumped when he told me I could eat shrimp on my vacation!! I was very worried about that one....b/c I LOVE seafood! Just have to stay away from the deep sea fish...which won't be hard for me. I asked him if he could do an ultrasound today and at first he said, "Oh, I think it is too early." After reviewing my chart and finding out when my last period was, he said, "Yeah, we can do it!...only problem is there are a few people waiting so it might be a while."

Well I was there and I was anxious and I was not leaving without an ultrasound!! I had been waiting for this day for 2 weeks and I thought it was never going to get here! So we waited about another 30 to 45 minutes and they finally came to get us. He did an internal ultrasound...as soon as I saw something I asked, "Is that what you are looking for?" He said "Yep, that's it!" It was so cool...He could measure the length and it told him how far along I was.

Our baby is 1.08 cm long right now! I am about 7 weeks or so and my due date is January 18th. The coolest part was when he showed us the heartbeat. We could actually see it beating! Then he turned the volume up and I could hear it! I got this amazing feeling throughout my body & shed a tear or two...it was so fascinating to know that I have another life inside of me. It really made it all a reality...just seeing it and not just knowing from a pregnancy test. I think it set in for Steve too. He actually gave me something tonight that he bought for the baby. It was a little beanie baby tiger (he is a huge Auburn fan). He said this is our baby's first toy. I love him so much! This whole experience I know is going to help us grow together as a couple & family. It was a blessed day...and you can even ask the impatient Steve...IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awe! Ashley-- It just gets better! Just wait til you feel it move for the first time! I'm so excited for you! Being a mommy is the best feeling! I can't wait to read more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete