Tuesday, August 3, 2010

4D Ultrasound

I've been a little busy the past week and haven't been able to update with the details of the 4d ultrasound. So here it goes...

We left Wednesday when Steve got home from work. Obviously from reading the previous posts you can tell I was crazy excited. Well we had plugged the address into the gps and thought we knew exactly where we were going. When we pulled into the little business park area we could not find the place! We rode around like 3 times looking. Finally I went in another business and asked and they told me where they thought it was. We continued to drive around & didn't see it so finally I called 411 and got the number. Turns out it was right in front of us, however, they didn't have the sign posted above the building...there was just a little sign by the door that was being blocked by a brick column. Needless to say, we finally arrived at Image of a Miracle.

I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. I wasn't sure about the place. I only knew of one other person who had been there...most people I know had gone to BabyWaves, but this place had such good deal that we couldn't pass it up! It was so warm, welcoming, and just plain adorable on the inside. The walls were painted with pastel colors and there were random cute polka dots on the wall. There was another couple there in the waiting room that had already been back. Their baby was not showing its face, so she was drinking a Mt. Dew in hopes that the caffeine would get the baby moving. I think it worked b/c they came out smiling!

I was so ready for the girl to call my name! I literally popped up off the couch when she told me she was ready. It was just Steve & I and we were both very anxious. The girl was so nice! The room was so cozy. There were candles burning and sweet music playing. I felt like I was going to get a massage :-) When she pulled my shirt up and put the little ultrasound thingy (I don't know what it's called!) on my belly I was just shocked at how different the baby looked! The last ultrasound it just looked like a little thumbprint and now you could see the head, body, arms, and legs...it is just AMAZING how fast they grow and develop! As of right now the baby is FULLY developed...yes even eyelashes & fingernails....we are just waiting on it to "fill out". She said he was probably about 6 inches long.

After about 5 minutes she was turning the probe thing all different directions..I asked, "Are you trying to see between the legs to figure out what it is?" She said, "Oh honey, I already know! I'm just searching for a good picture to show you the proof!" After about 10 seconds Steve said, "Hey, I just saw something...it's a little boy!!" The lady said, "You are absolutely right!" Steve was so happy. We got to see the baby kicking all around. He kinda looked like a little frog. It is so crazy that he is moving around all inside me and I can't even feel it! At one point he had his little hand turned out and looked like he was doing the walk like an egyptian dance! It was so neat and neither of us could stop smiling.

We also got some 4d pictures but because of the location of my placenta...and the fact that the baby wouldn't scoot over...they weren't the best pictures in the world. But I didnt' care...it was TOTALLY worth every penny we spent!! I just enjoyed watching him move around and seeing how much he had grown. The dvd of the whole ultrasound set to music was breathtaking! I brought it over to my mama and daddy's to watch and me & mama cried just watching it. Pregnancy truly is a blessing from God...I'm loving every minute of it!

After we left, we went to Babies R' Us and registered for just a few big things. Then we went out to dinner at Smoky Bones to celebrate our baby boy!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment